Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Wishes, Lies and Dreams

Inspired by Kenneth Koch's book, Wishes, Lies and Dreams children in second and third grade spent six weeks writing poems about sounds, dreams, colors, comparisons, and lies. They were most intrigued and excited about writing about lies!

White Mitten by Syris

I had a white mitten
As white as the snow
I did snow angels
I built an igloo
I even did a snow fight
And many other things
But I just wish I could find that mitten of mine
Too white is a problem
Too white is indeed
Oh what happened to my mitten
oh what happened indeed?
It might have drifted off a cliff
A rabbit might of have taken it to its den
But luckily it was in the snow right next to me

Colors by Noah

Blue makes me think of my friend Michael
Michael makes me think of blue
Red makes me think of lava
Lava makes me think of Red
Green makes me think of grass
Grass makes me think of green
Brown makes me think of dirt
Dirt makes me think of brown

Lies by Muta

I hate legos because I am a cat
I am a robber dog
I am a tree because I am an apple
I am a bee stinging dog
I am back farm                         
paper is like  cake
Sun is like the moon

Snowflakes by Moebius

If I were a snowflake
If I were a snow flake
I’d call a meeting all up in space
I’d ask all the others to come to earth with me
They’d say ok and we’d fall all down
We’d land on hats
or mittens
or jackets
or fall
on the snowmen and make them all pretty
Or we’d fall on eyelashes
or noses
or maybe even melt on somebody’s tongue and then we’d all join together and make a white blanket
and fall on the ground
so the children can have fun

Color of Earth by Mira

Black is the color of bats like any kind of way.
Pink is the sunset going by.
Blue is when the day is in the sky.   
Purple is in a drawing you see.        
Red is the colors of fall leaves.      
Brown is the color of tree trunks in the forest.                            
Yellow is the color of the sun see.    
Green is the color of grass now look. 
gray is the color of fog see look.
White is the color of a plane piece of paper.
Magenta is the color of a house.
Gold is the color of gold.
Silver is the color of jewels you  can  see. 
The End                                                                         

Crystals in the Sky by Mae

I woke up this morning and it was snowing.
I felt like a snowflake drifting through the air making
a blanket of snow like crystals in the sky.

Lies by Jonah

I never lie.
I am a deciduous tree.
My mommy is a naked coral tree my daddy is a Italian cypress
my brother is a jacaranda.
My aunt is a dragon tree.
My uncle is a banyan tree.
I hate compost.
I love chainsaws and axes.
I hate koalas and tree kangaroos. I love forest fires.
I love humans.

Snowflake by Greer

I am a snow flake white as the clouds
When I fall I see lots and lots of things
Slowly, slowly I fail
I see people running in big boots and hats with pom poms
yelling and playing and sledding on me
Some say they’re cold but I’m not
Someone picks me up and rolls me to a ball and makes me into a snow man. 
I’m part of the head
I see the kids walk away and say The snow is melting
And slowly I melt into water.


The Hateful Monster by Dash

This strange monster
thinks green is so ugly
He can’t stand it and
he thinks red stands
for death and he
doesn’t like blue
because it is blood
and yellow is so bad for
him and aqua looks like poison and white makes
him sick.

I am a Pie by Mira

My mother is a coconut and
my father is a pie.
I have an idea why
Beacuse I am a pie
My Grandma is a lollipop
My Granddad is a snickers bar.
I have no idea why
because I am a pie.
I have a little sister
Her name is little Blister
I have no idea why
because I am a pie.
Why am I a pie?
Because I am a pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment